Tuesday 11 March 2008

The Boyfriend Sweater: Cobblestone

I made my first men's sweater. For my boyfriend.

The curse says he's supposed to break up with me, but I'm not sure he's up for that, because, well, he loves it.



I don't think he can anyway, because I didn't knit the entire sweater. He knitted one stitch. Take that, Boyfriend Sweater Curse.



My reward? He bought me a dress-maker's dummy.

That's Sara, in the plastic bag. She's fine, now.

Conclusion: Best boyfriend in the world.

Sweater stats:
Pattern: Cobblestone by Jared Flood, from IK Fall 2007
Yarn: New Lanark Aran, 100% Organic Wool, in Gritstone, 6.5 skeins (love this stuff...very rustic)
Size: 39.5", with mods since the yarn was aran, not worsted. Worked less stitches in the round, made the body and the sleeves longer since the Boy is 6'1", worked less rows in the collar since he likes it more open.
Needles: KP Options US 8 (5.0mm)
Total time from CO to end of blocking: 19 days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you all the happiness in the world. Nice knit sweater. I say the "curse" doesn't really exist ;-)

neneng ceriwis said...

Your anti-curse have inspired me. I asked him to knit one sts for the sock pair I'm currently make for him.