Wednesday 5 March 2008

Late Winter FOlurries

Having been completely sucked in to the time black-hole of Ravelry, I've been sorely neglecting my blog. I haven't stopped knitting, just stopped posting. I have, however, gotten a few things done (and started a lot more) since I last posted.

Picture parade!


Beadless Odessa for Roomie
.7 balls Cascade 220, Lavender (though it really is more pink)

Claudia for boyfriend, in Rowan Pure Wool Aran, one skein

Under Water scarf for Boyfriend,
in 2 skeins Rowan Cocoon (which both my boyfriend and I have decided is the loveliest yarn ever)

The Ice Queen, for my Mum, on my head.
Now for the ever-expanding Works in Progress...

Making my boyfriend and myself matching Cobblestones. I'm making mine a bit sexed-up: in DK-weight (for a less-bulky fit), with dramatic decreases for a fitted waist, thinner sleeves, and an open collar.

Her Cobblestone in progress, based on Cobblestone by Jared Flood in IK Fall 2007


His Cobblestone in Progress, with mods since the yarn is aran weight, not worsted, and the fabric works up better with 5.0mm needles.

The Shedir from Hell. This thing will never end.



Detail of the Cape-Collar cardigan from Winter 07/08 VK, which I love and can't wait to finish/wear. It's unfortunately on hold right now, since His Cobblestone is requiring my size 8 needles.

No comments: