Thursday 14 January 2010

Charity of the Week

I greatly admire designers who donate their time and resources to p/hop, an organization that raises money for charities by selling patterns in exchange for charity donations instead of the traditional pattern sale system. (There are some great patterns, too: check it out.)

I wish I could do that, but as someone who makes a chunk of her living from her designs, I'm unfortunately unable to. I'm planning to sometime soon, at least a pattern or two. In the mean time, please be assured that when you buy one of my patterns, at least 10% of the profits I receive from that pattern go to charity.

In order to make up for the other 90% I can't give, I thought I'd start a Featured Charity of the Week to highlight people and organizations that have the drive and the passion to go out there and do things that scare the pants off of me.

So today's Featured Charity is:

Medecins Sans Frontieres

For good reason, it's also p/hop's Featured Charity, and they need our help more than ever as they gather aid to send to Haiti in wake of the recent earthquake. If you are able, please consider donating to this fantastic cause to help make life for people in a very poor nation a little bit easier. MSF is also accepting donations directly for Haiti Earthquake Relief.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ty for doing this. MSF is my charity of choice.